Classes of hosting services
A hosting service is connected with storing and/or sharing given content on a hosting server handled by a hosting distributor. There are various groups of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's study these. In that way, you can determine what you need, based on whether you wish to establish a blog, email addresses, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a service delivered by particular providers, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts are frequently supported by showing advertisements beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific amount of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely amiss explanation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would apportion the load between autonomous groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous web hosting services (email, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a type of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given providers offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting brand is suitable if you wish to share a big quantity of images with mates or associates since the service is commonly free of cost. You will get a random link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to taking care of your e-mail addresses. Some suppliers offer site hosting solutions for web sites, but do not provide an email solution. If you desire to possess an email address with your domain name but do not want to keep a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can set up e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and several hundred web site visitors, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will allow you to utilize as many video clips as you wish without worrying about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to own a website. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and mail addresses, upload video clips, and so on. At wanahost, for example, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that enable you to get all of the aforementioned services in a single location. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting account may be better or worse compared to the customary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are tailored for specific web content exclusively.